I know it’s Tuesday and I’m still talking about the weekend, but AB has her first cold and I’ve been spending extra cuddle time with her.
Saturday was a nice and relaxing day…
Pool time with Kirstyn…
Chinese food while watching Dark Skies (we were going to grill but Kirstyn was feeling under the weather).
Sunday was also pretty relaxing…brunch, grocery shopping, and baking!
**I used Stevia for baking in place of the sugar and I used Smart Balance in place of the butter. I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips and it was an excellent choice :-).
On the same day, I also made dinner! I’m not sure where the motivation came from, but I even made up my own thing!
Zucchini and yellow squash
Jar of pasta sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
**(I didn’t measure how much of each veggie I used…just add enough to have a good mix)
1. Cook the ground turkey and the zucchini and squash (use a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste). I used two pans because I didn’t have one big enough.
2. Add the zucchini and squash to the turkey and cook the mushrooms and spinach (olive oil and salt and pepper to taste).
3. Add the mushrooms and spinach to the turkey mixture and add one jar of pasta sauce.
4. Grease a baking sheet and roll the pizza dough out flat. Add the mixture to the center of the dough and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. FYI…I did not use all of the filling.
5. Fold over the edges and try to cover most of the insides. Brush the dough with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes.
This meal was quick, easy, and delicious. We have plenty of leftovers too…I had a piece for lunch yesterday (I will also eat this for lunch today and probably tomorrow…LOL)
I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday and if you can’t squeeze in a nap, take comfort in the fact that Annabelle will take one for you :-).