So, I’ve had a rough couple of weeks. I know that everybody is going through something (and nobody comes here to read about a Debbie Downer), so I’m just going to share some pictures that make me happy. 🙂 I hope they make you smile too!
TGI almost F. Anybody else really happy it’s almost the weekend?
How about some random, thought provoking, incredibly insightful thoughts/things for this Thursday?
1. My Uncle Gren took this picture when we visited a few weeks ago. He said she is going to break some hearts one day…and he is right. ❤
2. This lovely gem was taken during my junior or senior year of high school. My friend Jessica and I beat the boys playing basketball, so we got our pictures taken with these homemade (wrestling) belts. I hope Dave D., John, and Dave H. aren’t still mad about it. 🙂
3. So, this is a picture of my hand from this morning. My hands are so dry that they are cracking and bleeding everywhere. I put lotion on all day long and this still happens. They are much worse tonight…so bad that I cannot bend them to make fists. C’mon Summer time…
4. The windows in our house aren’t the greatest. The wind is so strong that I can hear it whistling through the baby monitor in Annabelle’s room. Don’t worry Mom and Dad, the heater is keeping her warm. 🙂
5. Panera Bread just sounded like the right thing to do for dinner tonight. Classic salad with chicken and broccoli cheddar soup for the win. I had big plans for me and Annabelle to go get fro yo in our PJs, but she was ready to sleep before we had the chance.
6. I’ve been really busy at work for the past few months. While I am more stressed than I have been in a while, I actually feel like I have a real purpose now…and I like that.
8. I’m about to eat some chocolate and watch some
trashy TV (read: Dance Moms). If you put all the drama aside, I really just like to watch the dancing. Fun Fact: I was a baton twirler back in the day and I love watching all types of choreography.
9. I’m in a running slump of sorts. It’s been REALLY cold lately and running outside has been a challenge. Along with the ice and snow, it’s just been hard to get in quality runs. I don’t mind the treadmill if I’m doing speed work, but man is it hard to do long runs on that thing. CONFESSION: The closer it gets to Boston and the more I read about others training for it, the more jealous/bitter/sad I get. Ok, it’s not that bad. But I am definitely bummed that I won’t be there this year even though I made the cut.
10. I can’t wait to finish up work for the week and spend Friday night with Chris, Annabelle, and Molly. 🙂
Tell me one of your happy thoughts for today!
Favorite trashy TV show?
Who is running Boston? Never mind, don’t answer this one. 😉
This is been a very busy work week and I’m so ready for the weekend! Since I’m exhausted, here’s a lazy (but thrilling) post. 🙂
Yesterday’s yummy breakfast.
…is the only way I warm up after a cold winter run. 😉
I didn’t head out until close to 2 pm today and I didn’t really have a plan or a set number of miles in mind. It was so warm out (read: 30 degrees) and perfect running weather. Well, almost perfect…we had some wind, but it wasn’t bad unless I was in the shade.
I started off with a little over a mile warmup and then headed to a hilly neighborhood to do some hill work. I did 6 hill repeats and it was TOUGH. PS I ran up each hill as fast as I could and then did an easy jog back down. I really wanted to do 10 hill repeats, but I only had the energy for 6.
I continued my run and ended up with 10 glorious miles. I even met a nice man walking his dog and we talked running and races. He suggested the Disney races and I think I’ll have to do the Dopey Challenge next year. 🙂
After a long hot shower, I downed a salad and pizza. I will def eat some dessert later.
Baby Update: Annabelle went to bed at 8:30 and only cried for 10 MINUTES! She was asleep by 8:45 and slept until 7:30. It was a miracle!!!! Day 3 of no bottle has also been a success. She even ate 3 decent meals today. 🙂 I’m a happy mama.
If you need me, I’ll be spending the evening on the couch. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
What was the favorite part of your weekend?
Hey guys! Thanks for all of your comments and encouragement on my last post. 🙂 Here’s how the first two days have gone…
– We took away the bottle and only gave her milk in a sippy cup. (She’s been drinking water out of a sippy cup for a long time, but was hooked on the milk/bottle combo).
Back in her glory days.
– She ate more dinner because she wasn’t so full on milk.
– She went to bed at her normal time without too much difficulty.
– She woke up at 10 and continued to cry for a very, very long time. We went in a few times to console her, but she got upset every time we put her back in her crib. She finally gave up and went to sleep at 1:30 am and slept until 9. She woke up very happy and did not seem to hate us for it. 🙂
– Happy baby!
– She was well behaved at breakfast and she ate a bunch of pancakes.
– She cried when I put her to bed, but she only cried for 10 minutes. Hallelujah! Fingers crossed that she sleeps all night!
I must say, I’m very surprised at how well she is doing. Her behavior was even better today…maybe because she got a good night of sleep in her crib all night (after lots of crying :-()and ate more food instead of milk? I don’t know, but it was awesome. My only concern is that she isn’t drinking very much milk now. How much should she be drinking?
What else did we do today?
– went out to breakfast
– went to Target
– my friends Matt and Kirstyn and their adorable baby came over this afternoon…we ate and watched the Ravens game (sigh) and then this happened. She has been my dessert soul sister since 2004.
Today was a rest/eat too much day, so I can’t wait for a long run tomorrow!
What is on your agenda for tomorrow?
Best part about your day today?
PS The wordpress app changed and I can’t figure out the bold and italic settings. Therefore, please forgive the don’t randomness going on.
Happy Friday! I don’t know about you guys, but I could really use a glass of wine and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s.
It’s a list kind of day…
1. I’m actually SUPER busy at work and I am not used to such things! Things should slow down once January is over…I hope.
2. Our refrigerator doesn’t have much in it, but we have enough Christmas candy to get us through the zombie apocalypse.
Mile 1 9:13-8:35 pace
Mile 2 8:00 pace
Mile 3 7:47 pace
Mile 4 7:41 pace
Mile 5 7:35 pace
Mile 6 8:35 pace
4. We discovered an indoor play place close to our house. We will be spending the entire winter here because Annabelle loved it and it tired her out.
5. Speaking of Annabelle…wow, this week has been a struggle. She will be 2 on Tuesday (I still can’t believe it.) and she is in a very difficult stage. I blame us for some things that we didn’t end before they started, but we def have a few rough weeks ahead as we try to change some behaviors. Parenting is hard, very rewarding, but hard.
She fell asleep leaning against the window yesterday afternoon. 🙂
10. I miss them.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how has your week been?
Moms…any encouraging words would be great. This toddler stage is tough!
My BFF Lauren is having a baby! We’ve been friends for 23 years and it’s so fun to be experiencing all of life’s milestones (graduations, weddings, and now babies!) with her and the other members of our BFFs club. 🙂
Last Saturday, we (Kate, Amber, Kristie, Lauren’s parents, and me) threw a nautical themed baby shower for Lauren and Rob. It was a ton of fun and I loved getting to see everybody. Picture time!
Yup, Annabelle is now 19 months old! How in the world did she get so old so fast?!?!?
We celebrated her 19 months of life with a trip to the playground. It was a gorgeous night with low humidity and a nice breeze. Our weather has been crazy this summer…it def doesn’t feel like August.
Sesame Street! She loves to watch Sesame Street and her favorite toys and books are Sesame Street. I think we need to take a trip to Sesame Place. 🙂
Goldfish…all day everyday.
Fruit…blueberries, grapes, strawberries.
Veggies…cucumbers. She eats any veggie puréed, but doesn’t like them in regular form just yet.
Chicken nuggets and Grilled cheese…when she is in the mood
Milk! She still LOVES her milk!
Poppy (what she calls my dad)
Mole (LOL, yes)
I look forward to what she will learn to say and do next! ❤
Moms, when did your little one really start talking?
Any tips to get kids to eat veggies?
Annabelle was pretty clingy and cranky when I got home from work today. I could tell that her nose was a little stuffy (and that whole teething thing is still going strong), but she seemed ok. She was in her high chair eating her dinner and the next thing I knew, she was snoozing. PS this was at 6:30 pm.
I let her sleep for a little while…I ate dinner and did the dishes. She woke up as I was getting her out of the chair and she was not happy about it. After a quick bath, she was asleep in her crib by 7:30. Poor baby, I hope she feels better tomorrow. 🙂
AB hasn’t gone to bed this early for a long time, so I wasn’t really sure what to do with this extra time. This is how I spent my evening:
– played with Molly outside (I took the baby monitor with me and we were just right out front)
– Big Brother! Double eviction night was crazy!
– Watched the Orioles win!
Random food pictures (I know you have been waiting for these!)
Snack time! Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries. So, so good. I don’t like raspberrie flavored things, but I like the actual fruit.
Oh yea…I ran today too. Shocker, I know :-). I did a 5 mile treadmill run with an average pace of 8:12. My left hamstring/butt is starting to make trouble, so hopefully the foam rolling will help.
Almost the weekend!
Have you ever fallen asleep at the dinner table?. Yes! I think it was at a Bennigans!
Favorite yogurt flavor and mix-in? Strawberry and granola!