Hey guys! I think I’ve finally found my way of cooking. I am not very good at making things from scratch and I really can’t figure out how much of an item to add unless someone else tells me to. I take the “semi-homemade” approach just like Sandra Lee.
Last night, I made this very tasty pizza for dinner and even my dad liked it. He is more of a pepperoni pizza type of guy. 🙂
“Homemade” Pizza with a Twist
1 store bought pizza dough
1 package of ground turkey (I only used 3/4 of the meat and saved the rest.)
1 jar of salsa
1 handful of spinach
1/4 of a small red onion
3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
***NOTE: These “measurements” are all estimates because I just went off of feel. Please add as much of each topping as you would like. 🙂
1. Cook ground turkey in a skillet and season to taste. I just used salt and pepper.
2. In the meantime, pre-cook the pizza dough if it calls for it. The dough I used was pre-cooked for 8 minutes before adding the toppings.
3. Spread salsa on the crust to serve as the sauce. I used the whole jar.
Yes, my pizza is oddly shaped.
4. Add cheese, ground turkey, onions, spinach, and a little more cheese!
5. Bake until cooked and enjoy! I baked mine for about 8 minutes.
FACT: The best way to end a healthy pizza night with the family is to watch Dance Moms and eat a huge bowl of ice cream (bottom layer = cookies and cream, middle layer = double fudge brownie, top layer = strawberry waffle cone…topped with chocolate sauce and cool whip).
Yes, I will be doing an intense track workout today and this is how I properly fuel for my workouts. 🙂