The weekend started with a chilly 18 miles on Saturday morning. They were slow easy miles but I felt great the whole time.
When I got home, I decided to eat a whole bag of popcorn.
A little while later, I decided to make Tina’s pancake cookies. I used regular pancake mix, French vanilla creamer, almond butter, and peanut butter filled chocolate chips. These are really good…even Chris likes them.
I’m not sure what made me want to go, but I went to a late afternoon Bikram yoga class. This was my first class in over a year. It felt AMAZING and I was able to jump right back into proper form, but man is my flexibility gone…and I am sore today. But I can’t wait to go back for more. 🙂
The best way to refuel after 90 minutes of intense yoga = crockpot turkey chili with pumpkin cornbread.
Crockpot Turkey Chili
1. Cook ground turkey and season with salt and pepper and transfer to crockpot.
2. Chop one onion, one green pepper, one red pepper, and one orange pepper and add to crockpot.
3. Add one can of black beans and one can of white kidney beans to crockpot.
4. Add one packet of chili seasoning.
5. Add enough vegetable stock to cover the veggies, beans, and turkey.
6. Stir and cook on high for 4:30 hours.
7. When there is 10 minutes left of cooking time, add a 1/2 cup of cous cous and stir and recover.
8. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and cornbread. 🙂
A Sunday night is not complete without watching Homeland and The Affair with lots of ice cream.
Did you see Homeland last night? OMG, so good!
Favorite crockpot recipe?
When is the last time you took a yoga class?