I was SUPER sore after the HAT 50k and I pretty much sat on my behind and ate for an entire week straight. I know that my body needed a rest and it was nice to not have the “pressure” of fitting in a daily workout. I also decided to just let go and eat whatever I wanted for a week. This mostly meant that I snacked on candy and other treats and ate a few meals that I normally wouldn’t (like a chicken sandwich and fries from Chic Fil A). So, after a week of pretty much doing no activity and eating a bunch of
crap food, I was more than ready to get back on the healthy train.
Here are some of the meals I ate to get back on track!
- I actually meal prepped on a Sunday and made enough chicken and veggies for lunches for the week. It was really nice to just reach in the fridge and grab a container and be on my way.
- I also made a batch of “egg muffins”. Egg muffins are pretty simple…
1. Sautee spinach and a clove of garlic in coconut oil.
2. Add a spoonful of spinach into the bottom of each muffin.
3. Spinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the spinach.
4. Mix together 4 eggs and 2 egg whites, season with salt and pepper, and pour on top of the spinach and cheese.
5. Bake until set. 🙂
- Love Grown Oats Power O’s . This cereal is made with beans! While they don’t taste like Honey Nut Cheerios, they still taste pretty good!
- Sweet potato (cover in coconut oil, wrap in tin foil, and bake until soft…thanks for the tip Janae) topped with turkey, mixed veggies, and cheese.
- Chobani Greek Yogurt with Oats
- Ground turkey (cooked with some onion, garlic, and taco seasoning) tacos topped with black beans, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Mahi Mahi with green beans…and a french baguette from Panera Bread (it would just be wrong to let it go to waste!)
- Turkey, string cheese, and raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, and tomato)
I actually went a full 4.75 days without dessert or any other after dinner treats. I treated myself with fro yo on Friday night and then my healthy train fell off a cliff on Saturday evening through Sunday. What did this train wreck look like? It looked like french toast and bacon, robin’s eggs, fish tacos, sangria, Cadbury Mini Eggs, cookies, ice cream, and popcorn. Wow, that was just gross. It looks like I have two speeds….uber healthy or just sit me in a pool of chocolate, cookies, and candy. Something to work on in the future…
Anyway, I hope that you find some of my healthy meal choices helpful!